Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Solution to Saturday's Puzzle

While reading Sedaris' Solution to Saturday's Puzzle, the first thing that came to mind was George Costanza from the TV show Seinfeld and also the type of humor in Larry David's show, Curb Your Enthusiasm.  I feel like this piece is about a guy who gets irritated with little things that don't matter to other people and in that sense it's funny.  It reminds me of an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm in which Larry David is on an airplane sitting next to a guy wearing shorts and sandles.  Larry David gets irritated with the guy for his attire saying in a really pissed off tone, "Nobody wants to see your legs and feet, so why do you have to dress like that on an airplane?!"  The awkwardness that follows is hilarious.

Rodney Dangerfield quotes:
-"My father carries around the picture of the kid who came with his wallet"
-"What a childhood I had, why, when i took my first step, my old man tripped me!"
-"I tell you, with my doctor, I get no respect.  I told him, "Ive swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills.  He told me to have a few drinks and get some rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment