Thursday, March 24, 2011

My research topic/Roberts

     For my research topic, I was planning to write about gender inequality.  Specifically, How are men and women portrayed in the media and advertising?  Plus, what other changes have their been in how the roles of men and women have changed?  I would discuss Divorce rates and how they have reached an all time high of 51 percent.  Also, I would write about other aspects of marriage and the social life within a family.  For example: Nowadays, some couples decide to hyphenate their last names instead of change them to the man's last name when getting married.  In terms of a male and female's portrayal in the media, my main supporting piece of evidence would be the 2008 presidential election with both Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton involved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment